Where wraps often provide a refreshing meal for hot days or creative breakfasts, enchiladas are always an excellent recipe to follow on those colder days that call for a hotter meal. As customisable as their wrap counterparts, these delicious tortilla rolled delicacies are great for any weather, but are perfect as a winter recipe.
They are also really easy to make:
What You Need
- 8 small flour tortillas from Blue Shirt Bakery
- 250g of Italian tomatoes
- 200g bolognaise sauce
- 200g cheese sauce
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 200g Neapolitana sauce
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 table spoons of red wine vinegar
- First, preheat the oven to 200 C and roll the tortillas into tubes about the thickness of your thumb, and secure them in place with clothes pegs.
- Next, heat oil in a saucepan and add the tomatoes, chilli, bolognaise and vinegar. Simmer thus to the point where the tomatoes begin to split. Add salt and pepper to the mixture to suit your taste.
- Pour the watery parts of the sauce into an oven proof dish, and put the chunky parts of the mixture into the wrapped tortillas. Remember to first remove the pegs, by now the wraps should be able to hold their shape.
- Now place the filled tortillas in a dish and pour Neapolitana sauce over them, add the cheese sauce with grated cheese on top, and simply bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Visit Blue Shirt Bakery
Following these directions, you and your family will soon be enjoying the rich flavours of delicious enchiladas, a wonderfully warm meal to beat the winter chill.
Of course, the quality of ingredients you use to make them will determine how tasty and nutritious they are.
Try our delicious selection of wraps at Blue Shirt Bakery today, or visit our website for details on our offers.