Brown Mediterranean Pitas
(Total toasting time 2 minutes per Pita)
- 4 Blue Shirt Bakery Brown Pitas
- 4 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Hummus
- 2 Cups of Shredded Chicken
- Mix together in a bowl the tomatoes, green pepper, red
onion, parsley, olive oil, salt & pepper until well combined.
(This is the Mediterranean Salsa Mix).
- Put the Pita in a toaster and rotate after 1 minute or until Pita
looks golden brown on both sides.
(If you have a flat iron toaster only cook for 1 minute).
- Cut the Pita in half (be careful as the Pita might still be hot).
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of hummus in each halved Pita.
- Fill each halved Pita with equal amounts of Mediterranean
Salsa Mix and Shredded Chicken.
Serve & Enjoy!